Who We Help & How We Help
Are We A Good Fit?
We can't do everything for everyone. Right-fit clients are the ones where we know our expertise and process can generate positive results. We primarily help accounting firms implement marketing that works to drive revenue and grow your practice. Learn more about our ideal client here.
You Might Hire Us Because One or More of the Following is True...
- You have an accounting and/or payroll firm
- Your marketing isn't producing revenue
- You have a complex/confusing product or service
- Your market is not aware of your product/service
- Outbound sales and referrals are the only way you currently generate business
- SEO, paid search, or lead gen tactics aren't working for you
- You need a new way to create demand/leads
- You want to implement Storybrand, They Ask You Answer, or One Page Marketing Plan tactics.
- You want to build a marketing engine that continually brings in new business
We're Probably Not A Good Fit If...
- You primarily want more annual tax clients, not monthly business accounting clients
- You are desperate for more leads, like YESTERDAY!
- SEO is the most important piece of your marketing strategy
- You need an order-taker, not a strategist
- We don't have the expertise you need
- Your marketing budget is less than $60k for the year
It's not that these things are bad/or wrong. We just take a different approach. Learn about it here.
What We Do
Broadly, we do marketing and demand generation marketing for accounting firms.
There are really three ways we could help you:
There's actually a fourth, semi-secret way to work with us, and that's to hire one of our senior strategists as a Fractional CMO (Chief Marketing Officer). We're very selective about who we work with in this way as it requires a much higher level of investment and trust. Learn more >>
How We're Different
Our Niche is Accounting Firms
We work primarily with small ($1m-$10m) accounting and payroll firms, but we also take on some other B2B professional service companies. Our strategies are particularly well-suited for B2B service-based companies.
We're a "Words First" Agency
A lot of design agencies push the responsibility of writing back onto you. "Just tell us what you want on the site, and we'll make it look great." The reality is, that's the hardest part. We could never replace your expertise with a copywriter, but we have a system that makes it easy for you to give the raw information that we need, and then we write the actual words for you.
We Help You Create Demand AND Capture It
A lot of marketing is really just about capturing demand that already exists. It's about getting in front of people who have the intent to buy (Google search, SEO, direct purchase advertising). But most of your market doesn't know what they don't know yet, and you need to show them that you understand the problems they face and that you have a solution that helps. This is 'creating demand.'
How Long It Takes to Build an Marketing Engine That Works
Building a marketing engine that works is not an overnight, plug-and-play solution. Our goal is to help you establish the right mindset, create the right assets, build sustainable processes, and hire in-house people to handle the day-to-day work of marketing your business.
Phase 1 | Plan | First 30 days
Our preliminary 30-day strategy project, The B2B Marketing Roadmap is where we create customer personas, develop your core brand messaging, and create an actionable marketing plan.
Phase 2 | Prepare | Next 90 Days
It takes 3 months to get an accounting firm set up with a solid foundation for their marketing. It usually includes a website redesign, core content writing, video production, and technology setup.
Phase 3 | Implement | 12-18 Months
This is where we lock into weekly content creation and targeted marketing campaigns to generate new business and grow your influence with your ideal customers.
At first, we may leverage our team to help you implement your marketing, but over time, our goal is to help you hire and train in-house people who can do the work as well as us, at a lower cost to you.